"Self pity is our worst enemy, and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world."
- Helen Keller1880-1968, Blind and Deaf Educator

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cathing Up

Well, it has been a bit since I have written. I just haven't felt like it. I have been working long hours and I chose to read other blogs rather than to sit down and write in my own.

My visit to the fertility center in PA was great. The baseline ultrasound looked good so I began another IUI cycle. The pharmacy overnighted the meds I needed and I was off.

When I returned to Boston for my day 7 ultrasound, I was happy to find that my RE was the doctor of the week. This was actually the first time she was doing the ultrasound for me. Anyway, it looked as though I was responding well to the medication. "Looks very good" she said.

Responding well?

Poor response has been my middle name since I started this journey years ago. Poor response was why I would no longer be a candidate for IVF. Poor response- sounds so insulting, like I have done something wrong.

I was responding well to the meds- it looked like 2 follicles were nearing maturity, with several more just a hair behind, and even a few more labeled "small." When I came back two days later, three were ready to go with others still very close to maturity. This one could really work! Even the one that got me pregnant last year only produced 2, so I am feeling quite good. More mature follicles means more chances for success.

Today is 4 days post IUI. I can't tell if I am getting false symptoms due to my newly found optimism, but my girls were quite sore when I got up this am. My hubby, kind that he is, doesn't want me to get my hopes up and be hurt again.

So I will just play the waiting game while hoping for the best and remembering to breathe.

7 comments:

Cara said...

Oh - it all sounds so right! I'm praying for you! Come on girls - sore is the way to be!!!

Natalie said...

Oh that sounds very promising!! I'm so glad it went well and you got some good follicles!

Travelwahine said...

You have been on my mind. I'm so happy to read this post. I totally get this post, I , too have been working too much and haven't had much desire to write on my own blog.

Oh Lisa, this sounds great. I, too, am optimistic. Sending love and prayers your way.

Zil said...

Thinking of you and sending sticky dust!

Hope said...

Hi Lisa-
We must have been looking at each other's pages at the same time! I was just looking at your new post and then received your comment! Thanks! It's so nice to know that people are reading!

I've got my fingers crossed for you and I'm hoping that it will stick! Nice to hear from your Dr that things are going well also!

DH and I are going to start TTCA this month, and I'm both excited and scared, so I'll be interested to hear what you feel about everything and how you are going through this TTC journey after a loss.

Lots of sticky dust for you!

Hope

Lorraine said...

Sometimes it's just the good month - I think that's mostly what happened to me this time. I hope it's also the lucky month - you have my best wishes!

Jane G said...

Sounds very promising. Fingers and toes crossed for you! This is going to be our year!