"Self pity is our worst enemy, and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world."
- Helen Keller1880-1968, Blind and Deaf Educator

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Retrieval

13 eggs retrieved, 8 were mature, 8 fertilized into embryos. Everything is going well so far. I just need to keep myself calm. All suggestions are welcomed. I go in for the day 3 transfer on Friday, but they might change it to Sunday "depending." I'll just wait and worry, and pray, and wear the lucky socks, visualize, think positive thoughts...you know the drill.

Any ideas on remaining calm, other than mind altering substances, I'd love to hear.

7 comments:

onwardandsideways said...

I hit up iTunes for relaxation mp3s. You can get them elsewhere on the 'Net too. Or your local hippie store. Those helped me a lot.

I also kept repeating the mantra that this was out of my control... because it is. You've done everything you can at this point to get yourself ready, and I'm sure you are... now just let those little embies take over and do their thing.

Remember that Life is a very strong force and once it has taken hold, will not let go easily.

Wishing you the best of luck!

P.S. Your retrieval #s are great! :)

Kim said...

Absolutely no advice on how to keep calm and not worry but my fingers and toes are crossed and I am thinking many positive, good thoughts for you.

Meegs said...

Good luck. My fingers are crossed!

Kami said...

I found crocheting very calming - each stitch was a second behind me instead of in front.

That and dancing. "Let's get it started in here" by black eyed peas was a favorite

GL!!!

areyoukiddingme said...

Diversions! Books, movies, TV, music - turn off the brain and focus on something else - preferably something silly.

Lots of luck!

Lorraine said...

Just try to distract yourself as best you can...

Congratulations on 100% fertilization - that's encouraging!

Billy said...

Good luck!
(from L&F)