"Self pity is our worst enemy, and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world."
- Helen Keller1880-1968, Blind and Deaf Educator

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Meet the Baby



Here is my beautiful daughter, age 22 weeks. I can hardly believe how great she looks with the 3D ultrasound. Amazing! It was very much a bonding experience for my husband and me. We felt somehow closer to her by being able to watch her move and shake within me. For those who can and have access, I highly recommend the experience.

For the next 24 hours, I pretty much did nothing else but gaze at her pretty pictures, all 150 of them on a CD that I got to take with me.

It feels real now. I was planning on not telling people I was pregnant until I was past the 24 week milestone. However, I decided to relax into this pregnancy and have some faith that things may work out well this time. To this end, I shared my status on face book this morning. That is a very big step for me. I got showered with congratulations and well wishes.

My only hope is that the rest of the pregnancy goes by faster than the first half. I love the feeling of being pregnant right now, but the fear still creeps back in daily and I'd be ever so happy to reach the full term day of my pregnancy and have a happy, easy and healthy delivery.

7 comments:

Reba said...

she's beautiful!!! lovely picture!

Kami said...

Hi baby!

Yes, I had the fear too, but I also remembered to appreciate it and have no regrets. Perhaps that fear actually helped me appreciate it more than if I just expected it to work.

Enjoy!

sarah said...

She's lovely! Congrats on the big risk!

angelspot said...

WOW Mama! She's beautiful! Thanks for sharing! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

It's so lovely to see your beautiful baby girl! xoxo love robin

mrsmuelly said...

Beautiful. I love 3d pics. They are so neat, and you are right about the experience being worth the time. Riley looked like her 3d pics when she was born.

Congrats on sharing your status. I know how scary it can be to share the pregnancy, so I'm proud of you. Enjoy all the kicks and spins that LO is doing now too. The second half of this pregnant will go by fast :-)

onwardandsideways said...

beautiful... she looks so content! wishing you a continued smooth journey until you've got her safely in your arms!