"Self pity is our worst enemy, and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world."
- Helen Keller1880-1968, Blind and Deaf Educator

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Coming along

Well, we had a bit of a scare last week. I was so scared, I couldn't blog. Beta numbers are supposed to double every other day. So my first beta was 63 and the sencond one was 85. The nurse said "they were concerned" about it. Why do they have to go and say those things?

The pain and fear and sadness I put myself through was horrible. I went to the dark place about of course this is my fate. Why did I think I could have this? Anyway, it was not a fun weekend with us.

I was freaked out beyond belief. Luckily, the first website I looked at (www.emedicine.com) mentioned that even an increase as low as 33% can still be consistent with a healthy pregnancy. I had not seen that before- I always had read 66%. Anyway, it made my hubby feel better and I had to re-read the website from my blackberry about once per hour or so to calm myself down.

On Monday morning, I got my next beta. All weekend I was praying for 213 (my lucky number). I got 189- good enough, more than doubled. On wednesday, I had 470! Everyone, including me, are very happy with the results. I have my u/s next Monday.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So relieved it's a good number.

Natalie said...

Oh goodness, so sorry for the scare! What hell that must have been. I am SO glad it's going up properly now!

Reba said...

so sorry for the scare!! not what you needed! very glad the numbers look good now.

areyoukiddingme said...

I'm glad your numbers are behaving now. Good luck with the scan - I hope you have no more scares!

Kami said...

Oh, Wed will not be here soon enough. I am waiting with you and hoping for continued good news.

Summer said...

It must have been some nerve wracking days there. So glad the numbers are coming along nicely now!

onwardandsideways said...

Fabby numbers, just wonderful! Very happy for you, m' dear. First trimester can sometimes be bumpy, but when that little embie gets happy in there, it can be very hard for them to let go. Life is a very strong force of nature!

Looking forward to some happy u/s news from you soon!

mrsmuelly said...

Hooray! Those are great numbers. I'm sorry that you had to go all the way through the weekend to get the reassurance, though. Looking forward to reading about your first u/s.

Cara said...

Thank goodness!! I got nothing but GREAT vibes coming your way!

Lorraine said...

Those numbers can do a number on you, that's for sure. So glad they turned out even above what you were looking for - what a relief!

Zil said...

Wonderful news. I've been thinking about you and working on the bracelet for you to show to your new baby in a few months.

Glad that your numbers are rising...bet you can't wait for the u/s.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, what's the latest?