"Self pity is our worst enemy, and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world."
- Helen Keller1880-1968, Blind and Deaf Educator

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Anxiety Sets In as the Date Draws Near






I am so excited as the date gets closer. My c-section is less than 2 weeks away. But the fear is setting in.

Will I get my life's dream? Will it be taken away from me in a nano second like before? Yesterday we had a scare that brought us into the doctor. I thought I didn't feel the baby move and we rushed in. The baby really wasn't moving much. After about 30 minutes on the non stress machine and a cup of very cold water, she was moving up a storm. Her heart rate was good and I was getting some contractions.

Now I don't know if I convinced myself that something was wrong. Doc says it happens to everyone, not just the dead baby mamas. It made me feel better. Still, I hope these two weeks don't kill me.

Attached are some of the most recent pics of me from a few weeks ago.

7 comments:

Reba said...

you look beautiful lisa! hoping these last couple weeks of pregnancy fly by with less worries.

Natalie said...

You are GORGEOUS!!!! Love love love that first pic, so beautiful!

I have those scares too, though so far I haven't gone to the doctor, I've gotten her to move at home. But uggghhhhhh. Nothing like panicking a little, right?

Kami said...

Love the pics! You and baby will survive the next two weeks. I know there are no guarantees but it is by far the most likely outcome. I remember how anxious I was at this point with LB and know how hard this is. Peace to you.

Meegs said...

I can't believe you are so close!! You look great!

Travelwahine said...

You look beautiful, I love the pictures. I know it can be nervewrecking, but try to breathe and enjoy the last couple days of pregnancy, it's a beautiful time. I'm praying for you and your little one, can't wait to have her here. You're almost there, hang in there. xoxoxo

Bee Cee said...

Wow - so close now. 22 days for me. I am feeling all the same panic feelings that you are - it's good to know I am not the only one!

fifo said...

hi hot Mama... I draw your picture..here u can see it....thanks for inspiration :)


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KC5UTW4Un38/TLx6Bz5NdrI/AAAAAAAAAJc/HnAtI1bHNU8/s1600/img021.jpg