"Self pity is our worst enemy, and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in the world."
- Helen Keller1880-1968, Blind and Deaf Educator

Thursday, August 27, 2009

I would like to thank the Academy...



I'm pregnant!

Do you know how long I have waited to say those words? It feels surreal but I also have a calmness about me right now. I'm sure that will quickly fade but I am milking it for the time being. I am too happy for words.

I started testing on Monday. That one looked negative but then I noticed a very faint line at about the 6 minute mark. Still, I thought I was seeing something and I assumed the worst. When the story keeps having the same bad ending, you just assume.

On Tuesday, I got a slightly darker line- encouraging. Yesterday the line looked the same as Tuesday and I began to get worried again- how come it wasn't getting darker? The clinic let me come in a day early for my beta test since I was being a crazy lady and they wanted to put me out of my misery. I had the beta this morning and they confirmed I was most certainly pregnant.

All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you, for being here with me on this journey- women I have (mostly) never even officially met. I know this is only the beginning of a road that will be marked by uncertainty, fear, who knows.... it's great to know that you ladies will be here as I move forward- as we move forward towards our dreams.

It really does take a village...

13 comments:

onwardandsideways said...

On my feet cheering for ya!

Congratulations and here's to all things progressing smoothly. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Addi's Mom said...

I am beyond happy for you!! If you ever need to talk please call or email me. I understand about being the crazy pregnant women after a loss. I want to give you a big hug in congratulations. If you are at the meeting on September 9th I will:)!!

Summer said...

Yes!!

I kept my pee sticks from my pregnancy and still take them out to look at once in awhile (even though I now have a live baby) just because those two lines are so damn great to look at.

Meegs said...

Congratulations! What amazing news. Heres hoping for a healthy, happy, uneventful 9 months.

MrsSpock said...

Hooray!

areyoukiddingme said...

Oh, Excellent! Much luck on the long road ahead!

Not on Fire said...

Congradulations!

Jenni said...

congrats! very happy for your positive result. ironically the word verification i have to type in to leave this comment is: puker. so, i guess i'll also say best wishes for morning sickness that is both reassuring and manageable!

mrsmuelly said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Crying tears of joy for you. Yes it will be a bit longer of a journey, bur we are here to cheer you on. So very happy :-)

Cara said...

Still freaking out for you!!! So honored to have been on this journey with you and looking forward to the next!!

Jane G said...

That is wonderful news! Big big congratulations!

Lorraine said...

Wow! I am thrilled for you! Lots of gigantic happiness for you and tons of good wishes!

Kami said...

Woohoo!!!